Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Word The Wise

I will now climb up on my soap box in the sky to vent. I have noticed over the years, that people pulling out of neighborhoods are pretty oblivious to pedestrians, but today was particularly unnerving. I would say 90% of the streets that we crossed, I saw my life flash before my eyes. Now mind you, I am not running by myself at dusk wearing grey. It was 9:00 am and I was pushing a bright yellow double jogging stroller. Some people just weren't paying attention. Fine. But then there was this one lady who saw me and then pulled out in front of me anyway. I didn't flick her off, but I wanted to. Instead I raised my had and mouthed "What the heck?!" She ignored me.

I have noticed in the past that people pulling out of gated communities are by far the biggest offenders of this. I'll leave that observation at that.

In addition to my issue with drivers. I would also like to call out those who walk their dogs, let them take massive dumps on the sidewalk and not bother to pick them up. Seriously. Now, maybe the person didn't have a bag with them, which has happened to me, but I usually go back with a bag and pick it up. I have to admit, there has been an occasion where my dog(s) did their duty and it was pitch black and I couldn't locate it in the grass. But let's be honest, if a dog shits in the dark, it still stinks, especially if it is in the middle of the sidewalk.

And to top all this off, I got stung by a bee while running.

Ok, now I feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment