Friday, April 20, 2012

Aging Gracefully


Today I turn 35 years old.  How the hell did that happen?

Most people make New Years resolutions, but I always make Birthday resolutions.  Something about having a birthday in spring always has me feeling a need to “renew.”  In my estimation always challenging yourself and always improving is a good way to age with grace.

Last year I proclaimed that I would finally get my Group Fitness Certification so I could teach cycle classes.  The second goal was that I would get published.  By July I was certified and was employed at Lifetime Fitness by October.  I also was able to get my writing published in Kane County Magazine and on the blog for ViviLeDish.com, MamaLeDish.com.  Not bad, eh?

So, it is that time where I make this year’s proclamation.  I find the more people I tell about it, the more likely I am to follow through because I would never want to run into someone who I told and have them ask, “How did that writing thing work out for you?” and then have to tell them I just slacked off and it never went anywhere.

Indulge me, if you will, with my goals for my 35th year:

  1.     I will edit and publish the 70,000 + words I have written since July 2010.  I don’t care if it self-published or picked up.  Somehow my collection of writing will be available for purchase…even if it is only $.99.
  2.       I will write a second book with a topic that will be disclosed at a later date.  All I need is a first draft to have accomplished this goal.

     
     I’ll admit I’ve always wanted to be 35 years old.  It might sound crazy, but I always thought that age would be stable and that I’d be established and respected at that by that point.  So, here I am and now it is time to for 35 to live up to my standards. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have some editing to do.


1 comment:

  1. Michelle, Happy Birthday!!!! I pray for all your goals to be accomplished and for your efforts to be worth more than .99 :)

    ReplyDelete